Thursday, November 8, 2012

Midnight Thoughts

Every once in a while, I look at the clock when it's midnight. I then remember the movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (what a great title!) and invariably get the song Skylark by KD Lang in my head. Sometimes I even sing it. (The full version, complete with sax solo. (yes I hum the sax solo...))

This just happened and I thought I'd share even though it isn't very deep. But it's interesting how things remind you of things that remind you of things.... thoughts fit into patterns and stay there where they are comfortable. I feel comfortable remembering Midnight and singing Skylark.

And in your lonely flight
Haven't you heard the music in the night,
Wonderful music,
Faint as a will o' the wisp, crazy as a loon,
Sad as a gypsy serenading the moon.

Oh, skylark, I don't know if you can find these things
But my heart is riding on your wings.
So if you see them anywhere
Won't you lead me there?

No comments:

Post a Comment